NCWHS News & Announcements
Week of October 19th
Interested in Rock Climbing... Whether you have no experience or can lead 5.12b with your eyes closed, come check out the Normal West Rock Climbing Team. We are getting ready to start up as soon as we have interest. Contact Coach Lehr with questions. Sign in to our Google Classroom for information: https://classroom.google.com/c/MTg0MDM5OTM0MDE1?cjc=q43dtij
Want to earn prizes for reading some GREAT books? Check out this information about the 2021 Lincoln Award Reading program. New this year: Read an Abe, Win an Abe Google Form! Just complete and submit this form for each book you read for easy tracking and a chance to win $5!
If you are a junior or senior with a GPA of 4.7 or higher, you should have received an email with the National Honor Society application from Liz Beggs, NHS advisor. The email was sent October 2nd. Applications are due Friday, November 6th by 3:45pm, no exceptions. All applications must be emailed to Ms. Beggs, email@example.com, or dropped off in the main office.
Big congrats to Unit 5 Esports and all the supporters of the "Ironcats For The Cure" who helped raise $800+ dollars for Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation!
Do you love to read and talk about books? Then join the Normal West Virtual Book Club! We're planning to have our next virtual book club meeting to discuss Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson on Wednesday, October28th from 3:45 - 4:30 pm. Join the Book Club Google Classroom for updates! -- Classroom Code: rmvr2dy
Are you interested in joining Best Buddies this year? Use the Google Classroom code, pndplol, to find out more information about the organization. Students should complete the student inventory form before Friday, October 30th to join the club. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Lueschen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Geiselman (email@example.com).
Coach Schermann will be running three Computer Science clubs this year. ALL clubs will meet in Room 203 on Mondays from 3:30-4:30PM in person or virtually using Google Meet. To learn more, join the Google Classroom using class code x2tkbeb and fill out this Google Form.
- Cyber Club is a fun, free and interactive online program composed of digital challenges to introduce students to cybersecurity.
- CyberPatriot is a national youth cyber education program created in the United States to help direct students toward careers in cybersecurity or other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines. The program was created by the Air Force Association. Students compete on 5 Saturdays 1st semester from 8am - 2pm.
- Girls Who Code aims to support and increase the number of women in computer science by equipping young women with the necessary computing skills to pursue 21st century opportunities. We provide an environment of supportive peers and role models using computer science to change the world.
The Normal West Black Student Union is partnering with Normal West’s National Honors Society, National English Honors Society, Promise Council, Peers in Action, and Nuestra Voz to serve youth internationally with a Drive for the Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child organization. There are 2 ways you can help us build boxes.
- Donate supplies at Austin Feaman’s House ☆Text/call him at (309) 846-2511 ☆DM him at @afeaman179
- Individually Build Your Own Box and Drop it off at Austin Feaman’s House
Please click this link to see what you can donate: https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/ If anyone has any questions or comments please message Jasmyn Jordan at @heyyits_jj or firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a great day to be a Wildcat!
RAWR, RAWR, RAWR!!!