Research Video Playlist
Website Evaluation Guide
Real vs. Fake News
CRAAP Test Currency: The timeliness of the information
Relevance: The importance of the information for your needs.
Authority: The source of the information.
Accuracy: the reliability, truthfulness and correctness of the content.
Purpose: The reason the information exists.
Fake News Resources & Articles
Fake News Articles & Research:
- False, Misleading, Clickbait-y, and Satirical “News” Sources by Melissa Zimdars (2016)
- Evaluating Information: The Cornerstone of Civic Online Literacy - Research study by Stanford History Education Group (2016)
- Truth, Truthiness, Triangulation, and the Librarian Way: A News Literacy Toolkit for a Post-truth World by Joyce Valenza (2016)
- Why Students Can't Google Their Way to the Truth By Sam Wineburg and Sarah McGrew (2016)
- Students Have 'Dismaying' Inability To Tell Fake News From Real, Study Finds by Camilla Domonoske (2016)