On Tuesday, March 2nd we will be hosting a remote reading night called “Read Across Parkside” from 6:00-7:00 PM!
- The day before the event, your child will bring home a brand new book for the event. On the night of the event at 6:00 PM, students will use the link provided on the schedule that will be posted in Infinite Campus for their grade level to read their book with all their classmates and a Parkside teacher. How fun!
- At 6:20 PM, students will then get to choose a link to hear one of our Parkside staff members read a book. The names of staff members and the titles of books they are reading will be included on the schedule.
- Last, but not least at 6:40 PM, students will be able to choose a link to hear members of our district staff or a Unit 5 board member read a book! Once again, the names of readers and titles of books will be included on the schedule.
- Because so many people care about Parkside and made very generous donations, students will be able to keep the book they bring home for the event. Students that participate will also receive a “special” reward in school the following day.
- Thank you to the Parkside staff who volunteered to be a part of our reading night, as well as Mrs. Backe, Dr. Weikle and Mrs. Mickens-Baker for their time. We appreciate them making this event special for our Parkside students!
We can’t wait to “Read Across Parkside!"
In addition to our school wide virtual family reading night on
Tuesday, March 2nd from 6 p.m.-7p.m.,
we hope you will join us as we celebrate Dr. Seuss
ALL WEEK, March 1st-March 5th!
SPRING PICTURE DAY!
School Name: Parkside Elementary School
Picture Day Dates: Monday, March 15 - Tuesday, March 16
Picture Day ID: EVTHHB6RP
Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year will be held virtually throughout the month of March.
If you have a kindergarten age student (must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st, 2021) please email Mrs. Barlow at email@example.com or Ms. Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office at 309-557-4422 for information on the upcoming registration process.
New families to Unit 5 will complete an online registration application via a link that will be emailed to you after contacting the office.
Current Unit 5 families will add their kindergarten student when they complete the annual update in Infinite Campus. DO NOT SUBMIT A SEPARATE APPLICATION FOR YOUR KINDERGARTEN STUDENT. If you have forgotten your login or password please contact the office and we are happy to reset it for you!
We look forward to getting our newest Penguins registered!
SELF-CERTIFICATION FOR STUDENTS
Unit 5 families must complete a self certification processs for each child everyday that they attend in-person learning.
Unit 5 has a Self-Certification app that you can download called UNIT 5 SAFE from the Apple or Google store. Here is the a LINK to download the app.
If you do not want to download the app you can use this WEBLINK to self certify your student.
Here is a VIDEO to demonstrate the app.
Parents will need to complete a separate form for each student. Please complete the certification by 7:10 a.m. each school day. Thank you!
NEW to Parkside? Need to register for the 2020-2021 School Year?
All registration is completed online and there is no need to come to the office to register. Please call the office at 309-557-4422 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. and we will be happy to help!