Hudson PTO invites you to celebrate a great school year and the beginning of summer break at Waller Park on May 25 at 11:00 a.m. Curbside Grillin' and Oogies foodtrucks wil be at the park if you would like to purchase lunch. (And a portion of the sales will be donated to Hudson PTO) This is a family event for the Hudson Community. Parents are welcome to bring their kids to enjoy family time at the park. (Please note that school is dismissed for the day at 10:45 a.m. and teachers will NOT be bringing students to the park)
As a staff, we have chosen a focus on manners and respect as part of our school improvement plan for this school year. Mr. Myers will be using lessons from Manners of the Heart curriculum each week during morning assemblies. Manners of the Heart was founded to help students become respectful children who grow up to become respectful adults. We will post our themes on this school website with some suggestions on how you can reinforce those themes at home.
This Week's Theme: Respect on the Bus (Mr. Myers talked to the students about following expectations on the school bus and how to show respect to the driver and other riders).
Here are some of the expectations all students should follow while riding the bus to and from school or on field trips:
* Students should quickly sit immediately after entering the bus so the bus may leave on time.
* Students should not stand in the entrance or in the aisle.
* Loud conversation, boisterous conduct and unnecessary noise is not allowed.
* Good behavior and behavior that will not distract the bus driver from operating the bus safely is required.
* Keep the bus neat and clean.
* Keep book bags, books, packages, coats and other objects out of the aisles.
* Eating and drinking is not permitted on the bus.
* Never walk behind the bus.
* No talking when the bus comes to a railroad crossing, so the driver can hear any approaching trains.
* Do not talk to the driver unless it is an emergency.
Please review the bus rules with your child, as field trips are scheduled for this Spring, and all students will be riding a bus at some point. All school rules apply while on the bus, at a bus stop, or waiting for the bus.
Thank you for your partnership in achieving our common goal of developing good manners in your child.
The new Hudson School times are: