BOARD MEETING PROCEDURES
The Board of Education follows an adopted order of business to handle the large number of matters that come before it. Board members receive background information to help them prepare for an informed discussion of proposals.
The Board does not usually take action to adopt new policies or change existing policies the first time they are discussed, unless they are matters that demand immediate attention. The delay permits thorough study and allows time for you and other citizens to make your wishes known before the Board takes action.
The proceedings of the Board are governed by state law and guided in parliamentary procedure by Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised. The order of business for regular, reconvened, rescheduled, special and emergency meetings shall be as follows:
- Roll Call *
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Focus on Students and Good News Reports
- Public Comments * Please review Board Policy 2.230 Public Comments at Board Meetings and Petitions to the Board
- Action Items
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Personnel Matters
- Payment of Bills and Payrolls
- Treasurer's Report and Other Financial Reports
- Announcements/Board Member Comments
- Adjourn * Items marked with an asterisk shall be included in the agenda for all Board meetings. Upon request of the president or consent of a majority of members present, the order of business at any meeting may be changed. Closed meetings are held as necessary within the above structure and according to the provisions provided in Section 2(c) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120/1.