Unit 5’s mission is to educate each student to achieve personal excellence. Our students have access to opportunities few other districts provide. While enjoying all the benefits of a big school district, our staff members work tirelessly to build relationships and foster a sense of connectedness with students and families.
To put Unit 5 on more stable financial footing and ensure our students continue to have access to the quality education they deserve, we need our community to come together to collaborate on a plan for the future of our school district. Over the next several months, we will be engaging members of the community to help us develop a sustainable, long-term plan for Unit 5’s future.
- Saturday, April 23 -11:30 am to 1 pm – Normal West High School, 501 N. Parkside Road, Normal.
- Monday, April 25 - 6 to 7:30 pm – Kingsley Junior High School, 303 Kingsley St., Normal.
- Tuesday, April 26 - 6 to 7:30 pm – Virtual Meeting
- Wednesday, May 18 - 6 to 7:30 pm - Parkside Junior High School, 101 N. Parkside Road, Normal
- Monday, May 23 -- 6 to 7:30 pm - Normal Community High School, 3900 E. Raab Road, Normal
- Tuesday, May 24 -- 6 to 7:30 pm - Virtual Meeting
Members of the public were invited to attend one of the public engagement sessions to help determine the future of our schools.
These sessions, each of which included a Q&A, were offered in-person and virtually, to provide a variety of options for community members to attend.
- Phone survey and Feedback Form
PHONE SURVEY INFO
As we have shared, Unit 5 gathered feedback from the community. As part of that process, the district began a phone survey to those residing in the Unit 5 school district. Please take the survey, as your feedback will help determine our plan for the future of our schools. You may receive a phone call from 309-260-4209, and to take the survey you simply need to answer the call and participate until it is completed. It will take less than five minutes. (Please note, your response will not count unless you complete the entire survey). You are also welcome to call 309-260-4209, to participate at your convenience any time until Saturday, July 9.