|Directions to Carlock|
From Bloomington on I74W- take the Carlock Exit. Turn right at the top of the ramp. School is on immediate left.
History of Carlock Elementary
Carlock Elementary is a strong rural school in McLean County Unit District No.5. The school draws students from both rural and in-town Carlock, rural Normal, and rural Bloomington. The school has a population of approximately 140 students and has one class at each grade level K-5.
The original school building was constructed in 1938 with construction completed in 1939. Students in grades 1-8 moved into the building on March 31, 1939. In 1948, Carlock joined the newly formed McLean County Unit District No.5. A new addition was added to the school in 1954 with a gym replaced in 1961. The building was beautifully renovated in 2009 and continues to serve students well today with an up-to-date Instructional Media Center and the latest in technology.
Click here to see photos and
read more about the history of the schools in Carlock.