Skip To Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for employment with McLean County School District Unit 5?
    • The best way to apply is to complete the online application via Frontline Recruiting & Hiring (Applitrack). Hiring departments will have access to your application directly once you apply to an open position. To apply, visit: APPLY NOW


  • How will I know what Certified Teaching positions are available?
    • Available positions for the current and upcoming school year are posted online using the Applitrack Online Portal and are posted at many partner colleges and universities. For more information on anticipated vacancies, please contact Human Resources at or 309.557.4042.
  • I am an experienced teacher. Will all my Certified Teaching experience be counted? Do you hire people with as much experience as I have?
    • Credit will be granted for up to 10 yrs of full-time, full-year Certified Teaching experience. The highest a person can enter the system is at Step 11 on the Certified Salary Schedule. McLean County Unit 5 values applicants with varying levels of experience. 
  • I would like to be a Substitute Teacher or Substitute Teaching Assistant for Unit 5. What do I do?
    • Please visit the "Substitute" link for step by step instructions on obtaining your Substitute License and applying for a Substitute position.
  • Will you respond to my application and/or interview?
    • You will receive an e-mail to confirm your application has been submitted. If selected for an interview, applicants will be notified directly by the hiring department or school administration by phone or email of the time and date. If you are not selected for an interview, your application will be retained for two years for any future positions. Once an applicant has been interviewed, he or she will be notified by phone if chosen to fill the position. Due to the volume of applicants we receive, the district is unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application. 

  • How can I best prepare for an interview and/or job with Unit 5?
    • Make sure that you have fully completed your online application and have uploaded the documents required for the position for which you are applying.

  • What basic benefits can I expect?
    • Please review the benefits summary found under the Human Resources page.

  • I am a Unit 5 employee and would like to report an incidence of bias, racism, discrimination, harassment, or other related conduct. What do I do?
    • If the situation is not an emergency, please complete the Bias Reporting FormYour email address will not be captured on the form unless you choose to self-identify. If you do include your contact information, Human Resources will follow-up with you to arrange a time to discuss your submission, if desired.
  • How do I submit a resignation?
    • Please notify your administrator or immediate supervisor and complete the Resignation & Separation Form. You will be given the option to upload a resignation letter and provide feedback on your reasons for resignation.