US History!Course Description:
Studying history is about discovering and learning from our past so that we might act more humanely in the present and future. During this semester we will focus on early US History, the Constitution and Bill of Rights, issues concerning race and civil rights, women and gender, and labor and social class. But our primary focus will be on developing our own historical insights and a critical consciousness that will equip us to use what we learn about our history to act with more compassion and empathy today.
- Who Benefited from the Civil Rights Movement?
- Wealth Gap, 2018
- Major Events and Legacies
- Black Lives Matter Movement Explained
- Still Separate After All These Years
- Have the Goals Been Acheived?
- Half Century of Gains Stalled
- Equality Still Elusive 50 Years After
- Emmett Till and Tamir Rice
- Economist Says Movement a Success