Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Nicole Mackinson
Me, just the facts:
1. I am a mother of two girls (my older daughter is a junior at U of I, and my younger daughter is a freshman at West), and my husband, John, is also a teacher at West.
2. I am fiercely loyal and honest (almost to a fault).
3. I attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for my Bachelor of Arts in English with a History minor.
4. I attended Olivet Nazarene University for my Master of Arts in English Education.
5. I attended Illinois State University for 51 additional graduate hours in Curriculum & Instruction; I also obtained a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in the Teaching of Writing and participated in the National Writing Project.
6. I am from Minooka, Illinois.
7. I love watching football, competitive cheerleading, and the Olympics!
8. I love Harry Potter, and I can relate anything to Harry Potter.
9. I am a National Board Certified Teacher.
10. I previously taught at Peotone High School and Herscher High School.
11. I have been teaching since 2000, which doesn't seem like that long ago, but I am told that it is.
12. I adore traveling, and I have been to three continents and several countries!
13. I am a runner.
14. People rarely call me Nicole, unless they don't know me or if I am in trouble with my mother for some reason. I go by Nicki.
15. I love teaching and young adults!
16. My dog, Kit, is the best and sweetest dog in the world (no argument against this is valid), and she is my constant companion.
17. I love all dogs and books.
Last Modified on July 12, 2021