Counselor Roles and Services Provided...Your student's counselor will be with him/her throughout the middle school experience. The PJHS counseling department provides the following services:
- Parent/Student/Teacher communication and problem solving
- Staff and parent consultation
- New student registration and orientation
- Class scheduling and schedule changes
- High school scheduling for grade 8
- 4 Year High School plans for grade 8
- Transition to middle school for grade 5
- Individual counseling
- Small group facilitation
- Classroom guidance
- Peer relationship and social skills support
- Conflict resolution skills
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- Community resource liason
- Other services as needed - we are the go to people for any question!
McLean County Mental Health Resources can be found here.
Reach out to your school counselor if you have any questions.