This course is designed to assist students in acquiring a more thorough knowledge and proficiency in Algebra. It should be valuable to those who wish to review fundamental principles and applications in anticipation of college placement tests. Topics covered are: graphing and analyzing linear, quadratic, rational, logarithmic, and exponential functions. Additional topics could include systems of linear equations and inequalities and matrices. Trigonometry is addressed second semester with the inclusion of the following topics: trigonometric functions, identities, and conics. This course is intended for the student who has experienced difficulty in Algebra 2 or has had success in Elementary Algebra 2.
A graphing calculator is required. TI-84 Plus is recommended.This course is presently paperless. Therefore a laptop is required with internet access.
Mr. Hallatt Office: 201 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer and internet access
- Spiral Notebook , Pencil(s)- NO PENS!
- 3-ring binder and Graphing calculator
- There will be assignments given per chapter and it is critical that you keep up with the work.
- Everything turned in must be done IN PENCIL.
- SHOW ALL YOUR WORK.
- 10% Homework 90% Formal Assesments(Quiz and Test)
- The grading scale is as follows:
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59
- You will need a 3-ring binder for this class.
- Your notebook should be divided into 5 sections, using dividers with tabs:
- Class handout
- Work from homework.
- Tests with corrected work.
- Quizzes with corrected work.
- Chapter handouts and notes.
- You have two days for make-up.
- YOU are responsible for turning in and/or completing any assignments missed and for obtaining any handouts or notes from the day(s) you missed.
- If you miss school the day before a quiz or test, you are still expected to take it.
- YOU are responsible for making arrangements (not during class!!!) to take any quizzes or tests you miss.
- Computers are always put away during lesson.
- As soon as you are in my room, all phones and music devices must be put away.
- If you need to use one for any reason, you must ask permission
- As soon as the bell rings, you need to be in your seat, ready to go.
- 1 - 3 tardies: warning
- more tardies: referral to the Principal
- Simply stated, be kind to everyone. Vulgar language and hateful comments concerning race, gender, sexuality, political views, appearance, or of any other type will not be tolerated; this rule applies to serious as well as "joking" comments.
- Please stay in your seat. Do not walk around the room unless given permission.
- Class time will be used for working on math and nothing else.
- Cheating will result in a zero for the assessment and will be referred to the Principal.
- I will dismiss the class- NOT the bell.
- If YOU CHOOSE to behave inappropriately, consequences will be imposed at our discretion. It may include, but is not limited to 15/30/60 minute detention, removal from class, referral, etc. Your parent will be notified as well.
- I am looking forward to working with all of you this year. I will do my best to help all of you be successful, but you must do your part as well. You will need to come to class every day, take notes, complete the homework, and seek help when necessary. Bottom line: WORK HARD. Don’t give up-it’s okay to make mistakes.
- Familiarize yourself with my website.