Advanced Placement Calculus AB is an accelerated math course that covers the topics of functions, limits, derivatives, integrals and their applications as well as analytical geometry. This course is equivalent to the first semester Calculus course at the college level. Advanced Placement Calculus AB is open to those students who intend to major in a field at the university level requiring the study of Calculus. The content is demanding and will require ample study time. Students enrolled in this course are encouraged to take the Advanced Placement examination in AB Calculus in May at their own expense. On the basis of this examination, the student’s college will determine how much advanced placement and/or credit in college mathematics the student will receive. A graphing calculator is required.
Mr. Hallatt Office: 201 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Textbook and Loose-leaf paper
- Pencil(s)- NO PENS!
- 3-ring binder with dividers, Graphing calculator
- There will be assignments given per chapter and it is critical that you keep up with the work.
- Everything must be done IN PENCIL.
- Write the original problem (within reason) and SHOW ALL YOUR WORK.
- Please skip a line between each problem, work down the paper and box your answer(s).
- The grading scale is as follows:
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59
- You will need a 3-ring binder for this class.
- Your notebook should be divided into 5 sections, using dividers with tabs:
- Class handouts and accurate point total page.
- Tests with corrected work.
- Quizzes with corrected work.
- Chapter handouts and notes.
- You have two days for make-up.
- YOU are responsible for turning in and/or completing any assignments missed and for obtaining any handouts or notes from the day(s) you missed.
- If you miss school the day before a quiz or test, you are still expected to take it.
- YOU are responsible for making arrangements (not during class!!!) to take any quizzes or tests you miss.
- As soon as you are in my room, they must be put away.
- If you need to use one for any reason, you must ask permission
- As soon as the bell rings, you need to be in your seat, ready to go.
- 1 - 3 tardies: warning
- more tardies: referral to the Principal
- Simply stated, be kind to everyone. Vulgar language and hateful comments concerning race, gender, sexuality, political views, appearance, or of any other type will not be tolerated; this rule applies to serious as well as "joking" comments.
- Please stay in your seat. Do not walk around the room unless given permission.
- Class time will be used for working on math and nothing else.
- Cheating will result in a zero for the assessment and will be referred to the Principal.
- I will dismiss the class- NOT the bell.
- If YOU CHOOSE to behave inappropriately, consequences will be imposed at our discretion. It may include, but is not limited to 15/30/60 minute detention, removal from class, referral, etc. Your parent will be notified as well.
- I am looking forward to working with all of you this year. I will do my best to help all of you be successful, but you must do your part as well. You will need to come to class every day, take notes, complete the homework, and seek help when necessary. Bottom line: WORK HARD. Don’t give up-it’s okay to make mistakes.
- Familiarize yourself with my website.