Welcome to KJHS!
If you are a new family to Unit 5 and have a 6th, 7th, or 8th grader please contact the KJHS Guidance office at 309-557-4899 to begin the pre-registration process. The school will collect some basic information and then send an email with a registration link to register all of your Unit 5 students. You will only need to submit one Online Registration Application for all of your students. You can attach your proof of residency and student's birth certificate through the Online Registration application. Once you have completed the online registration please email your online registration application number to Dierkesj@unit5.org.
When you come for the new student appointment please bring the following items:
- Proof of Residency - Bring one of these items: purchase agreement, property tax bill, or lease and two of these items: gas bill, the electric bill, water/sewer bill, cable bill, vehicle registration, bank statement, public aid card, medicaid card, food stamp card, credit card statement, paycheck stub, city sticker receipt, or driver’s license/state ID.
- Parent/guardian’s photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, or passport photo)
- Copy of the student’s “certified” birth certificate
- If your student has an IEP or a 504 plan, please bring a copy so we can make sure your student receives the appropriate services.
- Proof of Legal Guardianship - If a student is not living with both natural parents, proof of the legal custodial arrangement is necessary.
Print and complete the following pages and email them to Dierkesj@unit5.org or bring them to your new student appointment:
Students are encouraged to attend the new student appointment if possible.