New Student Registration
Welcome to Unit 5!
Families who are new to the district should call the McLean Unit #5 office at (309) 557-4400 to confirm that your address is in the Chiddix Junior High School boundaries. Once you have determined that CJHS is the correct middle school the following needs to be complete and/or obtained before you can register your child.
1. Proof of residency - Families are required to submit 3 forms of proof of residency prior to registration. The Verification of Residency form (in the registration packet) clearly lists acceptable forms of documentation.
2. Copy of certified birth certificate - A hospital birth certificate is not acceptable. Illinios state law requires that we have a certified copy of your child's birth certificate on file.
3. Proof of legal guardianship - If a student is not living with both natural parents, proof a the legal custodial arrangement is necessary.
4. Click below to review the Illinois physical exam and immunization requirements in order to attend CJHS.
5. Student in good standing Transfer Form - If a student is transferring from an Illinois public school, this must be obtained from and signed by the previous school.6.Student Records - Achievement test, previous grades, and any information on special programming would be helpful.
When all this information has been compiled, please call the Chiddix Junior High School guidance office at (309) 557-4850 to schedule an appointment to register your son or daughter. This appointment will last about an hour, and both parent and student will need to attend.