PARKSIDE PENGUINS MUST BE HEALTHY TO BE EDUCATED AND EDUCATED TO BE HEALTHY
For everyone’s protection, sick children must be at home, not at school. When reporting the student’s absence, please report the reason for the child’s absence. The school needs to be informed of any student having a special health problem or communicable disease. Children with the following conditions should not be in school:
- A fever within the last 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours
- Frequent or disruptive cough or other signs of an acute respiratory infection
- Any contagious illness such as “strep throat” that requires antibiotic therapy. Once a student has been fever free without use of fever-reducing medications and on antibiotics for at least 24 hours, he/she may return to school.
- Any undiagnosed skin rash. A student with a rash may attend school upon presenting a physician’s note stating the rash is not contagious.
- Pronounced lethargy or fatigue that interferes with participation in learning activities.