8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PRESIDENT'S DAY
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM NO SCHOOL- SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT DAY
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM END OF SECOND TRIMESTER
March 5, 2018
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM PTO MEETING
March 7, 2018
8:45 AM LATE START
March 13, 2018
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
304 South East Street
PO Box 260
Towanda, IL 61776
Mr. Scott Vogel, Principal
Kindergarten - Second :
Third- Fifth :
PBIS Focus for February:
Quote: "Don't go through life without GOALS."
PTO BASKET RAFFLE AT THE BOYSCOUT PANCAKE & SAUSAGE BREAKFAST
The Annual Pancake & Sausage Breakfast will be held on Saturday, February 10th in the Towanda Elementary Gym. The Towanda PTO will be holding their annual Basket Raffle on this date as well. Students will be bringing home flyers as well as pre-order tickets next week! Check out the sneak peek of items that will be raffled off!
Kindergarten Registration will be held at Towanda Elementary on Tuesday, March 13th at 9am. Incoming Kindergarteners must turn five before September 1, 2018 to be eligible to register.
Items to bring with you include:
- CERTIFIED copy of birth certificate
- Proof of Residency- items that have your current address:
- ONE item from Category A- (real estate tax bill, signed lease, mortgage document or payment book, military housing letter, Section 8 housing letter)
- TWO items from Category B- Bill (gas/electric/water etc.), vehicle registration, bank statement, medicaid card, food stamp card, credit card statement, pay check stub, city sticker receipt, driver's license.)
- Physical- Physical and proof of updated vaccinations do not need to be turned in at Kindergarten registration but must be turned in to Mrs. Murray our School Nurse before the first day of school.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WAYS TO DONATE TO TOWANDA PTO??
CHECK IT OUT HERE!
NEW THIS YEAR: ALL volunteers must complete a background check EVERY year. There will no longer be a renewal process and the link will no longer be on the Unit 5 website. Please email email@example.com for the screening link. You will only hear back from the District if there is a problem with your application.
Volunteering includes, but is not limited to:
Volunteering during the school day
Working with small groups in the classroom
Working with students after school
REGISTRATION PACKET FOR STUDENTS NEW TO UNIT 5:
The following pages can be completed ahead of time and brought at the time of registration.
(Please pay special attention to the two categories of documents or proof of residency.)