1101 North Airport RoadNormal, IL 61761Office Hours: 6:45 am - 3:15 pmRecess / LunchKind. 11:40 / 12:051st 10:45 / 11:102nd 10:40 / 11:053rd 11:15 / 11:404th 11:10 / 11:355th 11:45 / 12:10
Principal: Sarah Edwards
Attendance: (309) 557-4466
School Phone: (309) 557-4417
Fax: (309) 557-4518
Students Involved with Technology (SIT) Conference
The 19th annual Students Involved with Technology (SIT) Conference is Saturday, February 9. 2019. The SIT Conference is a one-of-a-kind event where students in grades 3-12 present to an audience of students in grades 3-12 on technology topics of current interest. It is a great opportunity to find out about what some kids already know and others really want to learn! Register online by January 23, 2019; visit www.sitconference.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information (please note that registration is limited, be sure to register before a site’s capacity is reached).
Calling All Creative Writers!
The Young Authors Program is an optional creative writing contest in which children are encouraged to write their own book. Please refer to the Young Authors Welcome Letter and the Young Authors Informational Packet to help guide you and your child. The deadline for books to be turned in is Friday, February 1st.
We're excited to welcome our newest Gators to Grove Elementary School!
We will be having kindergarten registration at Grove on Tuesday, March 12th. We will be offering two times to register your child, 9:00 am & 1:00 pm. Registration is approximately 1 hour long.
Children must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2019 in order to be eligible for enrollment in kindergarten.
Children will be registered at the school they will attend, unless otherwise noted. Parents should plan to bring their incoming kindergarten student with them for registration activities.
Required items for registration:
- A certified birth certificate must be presented on registration day or before the first day of school in August. The souvenir hospital certificate with the footprints will not be accepted.
- Students entering kindergarten MUST turn in a current physical exam and all immunizations by the first day of school or they will not be allowed to attend classes. Parents are encouraged to turn in this information at registration. In addition, students are required to have an eye exam (due by September 15, 2019) and a dental exam (due by May 15, 2020).
- Current proof of residency must be presented. Required forms come in two categories.
- Category A consists of the following (NEED ONE DOCUMENT): real estate tax bill, signed lease, mortgage document/payment book, residency attestation, military housing.
- Category B consists of the following (NEED TWO DOCUMENTS): bills (gas, electric, water, cable), vehicle registration, bank statement, public aid/Medicaid/food stamp card, paycheck stub, driver’s license/state ID.
For more information, please visit www.unit5.org.