We will have a supply drop off time for all grades to bring school supplies on Tuesday, August 18th, 3:30-5:00 pm. This is a busy time as teachers prepare their classrooms. Please drop off supplies in your child's classroom on their desk.
· Our first day of school is Wednesday, August 19th, 8:45am-3:30pm. This will be a full attendance day. Busses will run and lunch will be served. As a reminder, please be sure to call the school attendance line at (309) 557-4469 if your student will be absent from school.
· Lunch prices are $2.00 this year, milk is $.50. You may make payments to your child's lunch account via Family Access online. If you choose to send lunch money to school with your child, please put it in an envelope labeled with their name & teacher & have your student deliver to the office. Lunch menus may be found on the Unit 5 website.
· Volunteer screenings will be done online again this year. The link for renewing volunteers may be found on the Northpoint website. All NEW volunteers can email Watsonjm@unit5.org or Brandtkm@unit5.org for the link to complete the screening.
· Bus schedules will be available on Family Access again this year. Please log in to your Family Access to see your student route information later this week. Please see the Unit 5 home page for additional information on transportation. Please call the Transportation department at, (309) 557-4068 with questions.
· School pictures will be held on August 27th.
· Our Curriculum Nights are as follows:
· Kindergarten August 17 6:00-7:00 pm
· First grade August 27 6:30-7:30 pm
· Second grade August 26 5:30-6:30 pm
· Third grade Sept. 3 5:30-6:30 pm
· Fourth grade August 25 5:00-6:00 pm
· Fifth grade August 20 5:30-6:30 pm
We are looking forward to another great school year!
Again this year, all volunteers will complete the online link for volunteer background checks. The link for those renewing their background screening is available on our Northpoint home page, in the Knight Links section. Renewing volunteers will not receive a new ID badge unless they request one from the office. All NEW volunteers (those that are new to the school OR have never completed the screening) can email Julie (Watsonjm@unit5.org) or Kristin (Brandtkm@unit5.org) for the link to complete the screening.