Kindergarten Registration at Northpoint
We will be having kindergarten registration at Northpoint on Tuesday, March 18th. We will be offering two times to register your child, 4:00 pm & 5:30 pm. Registration takes approximately one hour. Please call the Northpoint office to schedule an appointment to register, 557-4420.
Children must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2014 in order to be eligible for enrollment in kindergarten.
Children will be registered at the school they will attend, unless otherwise noted. Parents should plan to bring their incoming kindergarten student with them for registration activities.
Students living in an open attendance area will register at the Parke Hotel, 1413 Leslie Drive in Bloomington (the corner of GE Road & Towanda Barnes) at 11 am.
Required items for registration:
- A certified birth certificate must be presented on registration day or the first day of school in August. The souvenir hospital certificate with the footprints will not be accepted.
- Students entering kindergarten MUST turn in a current physical exam and all immunizations by the first day of school or they will not be allowed to attend classes. Parents are encouraged to turn in this information at registration. In addition, students are required to have an eye exam (due by October 15, 2014) and a dental exam (due by May 15, 2015).
- Proof of residency must be presented. Required forms come in two categories. Category A consists of the following (NEED ONE DOCUMENT): real estate tax bill, signed lease, mortgage document/payment book, residency attestation, military housing. Category B consists of the following (NEED TWO DOCUMENTS): bills (gas, electric, water, phone, cable), vehicle registration, bank statement, public aid/medicaid/food stamp card, paycheck stub, drivers license/state ID.
NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR ILLINOIS!
Beginning this fall with the 2014 – 2015 school year, Illinois law requires ALL students entering school at ALL grade levels (K – 12) to show proof of receiving:
- 2 (full) MMR vaccines
- 1 varicella vaccine
- Children entering kindergarten, 6th or 9th grades must show proof of receiving:
- 2 varicella (chicken pox) vaccines
(Most students have already received these vaccines, please check your child’s record.)
The Hepatitis B series of 3 vaccine requirement moved from 5th grade to 6th grade (most children receive the Hep B series as an infant).
The Tdap requirement also continues requiring ALL students entering 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades to receive:
Beginning with the 2015-2016 school year students entering 6th and 12th grades (only) will be required to receive:
- 1 dose of meningococcal vaccine (6th grade)
- 2 doses of meningococcal vaccine (12th grade)
UNIT 5 STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO START SCHOOL WITHOUT THE REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS!
The physical exam requirement is the same – a new exam dated within the past year is required for:
- Early learner programs (first entry)
- 6th grade
- 9th grade
Make an appointment NOW for a physical and immunizations! Avoid the rush. No appointment cards will be accepted in place of a completed physical exam form and immunization record.
The McLean County Health Department is now accepting private health insurance for adult and child immunizations as well as Medicaid. Call today for an appointment: 888-5455.
Kindergarten/1st grade 11:40 am-12:30 pm
2nd/3rd grade 12:05 pm-12:55 pm
4th/5th grade 12:30 pm-1:20 pm
Please contact the transportation department at 557-4068.
Volunteering at Northpoint
New this year, all volunteers will complete the online link for volunteer background checks. Both of these links are available here our Northpoint home page in the Knight Links section. All NEW volunteers (those that are new to the school OR have never completed the screening) will use the NEW volunteer link. Those that have completed the screening last year and are renewing will use the RENEWING link.
Share your school memories in the yearbook!
This year we will be using an amazing program that allows you to share photos with the yearbook. It’s called ReplayIt! The photos you upload could be used in the yearbook, and be shared with everyone!
It is so simple! All you have to do is either:
1) Download the ReplayIt app on your iPhone or Android device. Find your school and upload photos straight from your phone!
2) Visit ReplayIt.com and search for your school. From here you can upload photos to your school’s yearbook website. It works just like Facebook or any other photo uploading website.
So be sure to share all of your photos throughout the year. The yearbook would love to have lots of photos... from the first day of school to Halloween parties and science experiments to reading time!
Yearbook orders have been sent home! You may order online at Jostensyearbooks.com or by sending in the paper order form. Extra forms are available in the office. Orders are due by March 31, 2014.