This service dog is a highly trained companion for our student and is able to assist our student in many of the routine activities. The child’s right to have a service dog is protected under Human Rights legislation and follows Unit 5 Board Policy.
All the teachers in the school will be given instruction on how their students should behave around the service dog. The students will be informed that while the service dog is wearing his red vest at the school, he is a working service dog and should not be treated as a pet.
This is a wonderful opportunity for our Hoose Hawks to see how a service animal can positively affect the student with whom he has been matched. If you have any specific concerns regarding the presence of the service dog in your child’s class, please contact the school.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
New School Year!
- August 4th - Elementary Registration (new families to the area)- 3:00-6:45
If you have new neighbors, please pass this information on so they can register their students.
- August 12th - Class Lists will be posted at 4:00 by the south doors (A) by the flag pole.
- August 13th - Kindergarten Open House. Our Kindergarten teachers invite all Kindergarten parents to an orientation meeting from 5:30-6:00 pm.
- August 14th - Back to School Night Supply Drop Off from 5:30-6:30 pm. Parents and students can drop off school supplies in their classrooms and meet their teachers for the upcoming school year.
- August 18th - First full day of school. This day will start at 8:45 and students will be dismissed at 3:30.
We are looking forward to a great year!
Thank you Hoose Hawks!